Calling all 5th grade families!
Community Service Project
Letters and Care Packages for our military
January 28th - February 1st
During the week of January 28th through February 1st, fifth graders will participate in a service project through Project Mail Call. In class, they will write letters to soldiers that will be included in care packages to military personnel. Fifth grade families are asked to donate "luxury" items to create care packages that will be delivered by helicopter to troops stationed in some of the most remote areas of the world and do not have access to stores or conventional mail.
Please bring these donations to your student's classroom between January 28th and Feb.1st.
- Ground coffee (not decaf or instant)
- Powdered drink mixes for individual bottles (Propel, Emergen- C, Gatorade)
- Individually-wrapped packets of nuts or sunflower seeds
- Slim Jims (beef jerky)
- Healthy Snacks (individually packaged)
- Tuna or chicken packets, Chef Boyardee, Hormel Compleats
- Protein bars, energy bars, individual packets of protein powder
- Microwave popcorn
- Chewing gum
- Eye drops (any type)
- Baby wipes, Wet One’s
- Chap stick
- Trac 3 Fusion razors, shaving cream
- Foot powder (Gold Bond always requested)
- Body wash
- Batteries (AA & AAA)
- Hotties (pocket hand warmers)
- CDs or DVDs (new or used)
- Sudoku, crossword puzzles, board games
- Magazines (Sports or outdoors no older than 2 months)
Thank you in advance for your help in making this service project a huge success! Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to help sort the donations on Friday, February 1st from 8 - 9:30 am in the cafeteria, please let us know.
Betsy Paganucci and Carie Buchanan
PTA Community Outreach